Re: (eh?) Perl library shifted...?

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 19:02:46 +0100, "Paul J. Keenan" <paul@funkiest.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> > Anybody know where to reach in and change the values Perl sees as
>> > '@INC' ...?

> The standard @INC is compiled into the binary.  You can see the value
> for your perl by doing "perl -V".

(Thanks, Paul.) The result looks perfectly rational -- however, this started happening only with the latest download of updated packages, so I'd have to guess at a connection of some sort, even if I'm asking after the wrong train of cause-and-effect.  'perl -V' shows this build was done on 27-March, so the timing's consistent with the appearance of the problem.

> It's very unlikely that this is your problem; changes to this should
> never happen unless there's a change to debian-policy.

> If you're talking about Net::FTP being unable to locate method
> Net::FTP->requires_firewall(), it was a bug in libnet-perl which
> has been fixed with version 1.0703-2, now in the archives.

(Good thought, but no: Net::POP3 is what went wandering off; needed for a little program I have that POP's my ISP's server before exim relays outgoing mail to it.)

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."