Re: (eh?) Perl library shifted...?

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 05:36:00PM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> use lib "/path/to/your/lib";
>
> This will append to perl's include path. Otherwise, I think it's
> hard coded.
>
> brian
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 12:06:37PM -0500, Jeff Gordon wrote:
> > Not sure, but it looks like a recent Potato update must've rewritten a
> > variable holding the location of Perl libraries -- at least, I've got a
> > little program running here, that can no longer locate a needed module.
> >
> > Anybody know where to reach in and change the values Perl sees as
> > '@INC' ...?
> >
> > --
> >
> >  -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>
>
> --
> Brian Lavender
> http://www.brie.com/brian/

The standard @INC is compiled into the binary.  You can see the value
for your perl by doing "perl -V".

It's very unlikely that this is your problem; changes to this should
never happen unless there's a change to debian-policy.

If your talking about Net::FTP being unable to locate method
Net::FTP->requires_firewall(), it was a bug in libnet-perl which
has been fixed with version 1.0703-2, now in the archives.

--
Regards,
Paul