Re: EMERGENCY: LILO can't load Win95 / Mount fails

I found a Win98 bootdisk, ran fdisk /mbr on C:, but Win95 still did
not boot.  Then I booted into Linux, reran lilo with /dev/hda1 (the
Win95 partition) as the thing to load, and got an error message
(something about invalid partition specification).  This did not bode
well, I went into cfdisk to check, and indeed - the disk is 'empty'
now, the MBR wiped clean.

Nothing to do then except to give it to a technician at our University
(Koebenhavn), who suggested that he might be able to rescue at least
the most important files.

Thanks for your help to Oswald and Dave,
Stefan

--
PGP-ID: 4AF752D0