Re: EMERGENCY: LILO can't load Win95 / Mount fails

> I have a Win95 partition here with important data on it (and no recent
> backups, of course...) which I can no longer boot from or access from
> GNU/Linux.  The setup is:

here just my thoughts:
boot from a win95-rescue-disk. run fdisk /mbr. this will kill lilo.
if win still does not boot, the your disk is *really* fu**ed up.
if win boots, then run some filesystem checker like scandisk or ndd.
if it finds errors, then everything is clear - else i don't know.
then boot from a linux-floppy, re-install lilo and everything should be
fine. that's the way i would go. no guarranty at all. ;-|

regards

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.