Re: Realplayer 7 and Esound

> Btw. How stable is RealPlayer7 on your systems? On mine it tends to crash once
> in while and the video streaming is very slow. Usually i miss 90% of the
> frames...
i have the same problem, that it does not work with esd, BTW i didn't even
notice that there was a debian installer for that software too so mine too is
installed by hand as a user in my home directory....

The heavy miss of frames is a phenomenon i noticed and that i could reproduce
without problem:
when you install the archive the player works out of the box with oss and with
quite good performance, you call the preferences panel and you have lost, even
when changing nothing the performance afterwards is awful.....

strange eh?

--
ciao bboett
bboett@earthling.net