RE: Help

Start of Soap Box

I agree wholeheartedly.  If I want Microsoft Linux, I'll buy Redhat.  Truly,
that is the standard that must be met for "ease" of installation.  If you
want to simply follow instructions to set up an OS, install a Microsoft OS;
in the same manner also, if you want a quick Linux box, install Redhat.
Don't expect that you'll understand even the slightest fraction of what
you're doing or why, but you'll have an OS.  I expect that because Debian
isn't the easiest thing in the world to install and configure properly, that
I will learn more about UNIX and it's derivatives because I've installed
something off the beaten path.  And isn't that how Linux came into
existence?  By being off the beaten path.  I could ramble more, but I've
said enough.

End of Soap Box