Re: Compaq 5300

I'm not sure quite what you mean. Do you mean you don't have any room on
your hard disk to install linux? You'll need to have some room because
even the base debian is to small to run off a single floppy. If you
don't want to create a new partition for linux (which is the standard
way of doing things) I think you can still do it using "UMSDOS" which
allows you to create your linux system within an existing DOS
filesystem. I've never done this and couldn't give you any more details
about this. Did you take a look at this web page:
http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/install ?

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen@tallan.com