dbootstrap requiring unexisting file resc1440-2.0.38.bin

Hi all!

I'm installing debian linux from HD (I don't have floppies). version
2.1.11, 28 august 1999

I'm using a laptop, ACER Extensa 390, with W98 on the first partition.

I downloaded the necessary files, as described in the installation manual,
and I started install.bat without the configuration files of w98.

All OK until dbootstrap arrives to "installing kernel and modules".

Selecting the installation from a no-mounted disk. The installation can't
go on because the program ask for the file resc1440-2.0.38.bin, that
doesn't exist on my HD (exist resc1440.bin). It continue asking for this
file, that asoluteli doesn't exist on the HD

I tried to rename resc1440.bin to resc1440-2.0.38.bin, but it doesn't
resolve. All continue as before.

The situation is igual even if the first, w98, partition is mounted.
dbootstrap keeps asking for resc1440-2.0.38.bin.

How may I find a little help to resolve my problem and install debian
linux?

May it be because Debian mount the win95 partition as a dos partition?!?

Buon giubileo!

d. Paolo Benvenuto <donpaolo@gsi.it> - PGP Public Key available
Guaricano - Santo Domingo - República Dominicana
  http://www.gsi.it/donpaolo/
----
Vedi anche il sito di mio fratello don Giovanni:
 http://www.giobenve.cjb.net :
  materiale pastorale, "preti on line", pagine di cronaca bianca, ecc.
----
C'e' piu' gioia nel dare che nel ricevere (Gesu')