Re: Woody: missing parse-xf86config? /etc/init.d.xdm wants it!

> > Something blew away a program called parse-xf86config this weekend.
> > I suspect it was when I did my apt-get upgrade. This is a problem because
> > /etc/init.d/xdm won't run properly without it.
>
> According to the docs, you don't need that any more.
> Just remove the line 'check-local-xserver' from your
> /etc/X11/xdm/xdm.options.  The short explanation is
> somewhere in the /usr/doc/xserver-common/changelog.Debian.gz
> file.

	Reasonable, but that doesn't really help /etc/init.d/xdm.  I've
changed /etc/init.d/xdm by hand for now, but I doubt this is what the
maintainers meant for *everyone* to do.

	Maybe I somehow ended up with a broken xserver-common?  That would
explain the bad init script, I guess.

	- Brian