Re: Woody: missing parse-xf86config? /etc/init.d.xdm wants it!

Brian Boonstra wrote:

> Hi
>
>         Something blew away a program called parse-xf86config this weekend.
> I suspect it was when I did my apt-get upgrade.  This is a problem because
> /etc/init.d/xdm won't run properly without it.
>
>         Any clues as to how I can get it back?
>

>                                 - Brian

According to the docs, you don't need that any more.
Just remove the line 'check-local-xserver' from your
/etc/X11/xdm/xdm.options.  The short explanation is
somewhere in the /usr/doc/xserver-common/changelog.Debian.gz
file.

--
tony mollica
tmollica@silcom.com