Re: Help with module problems on Upgrade to 2.1

Gregory Guthrie wrote:

[using Eudora for Windows: please turn off HTML output]

  >I am running Debian 2.0, upgraded from ... (libc5), and trying to upgrade
  >to 2.1.
  >
  >When I do an apt-get upgrade, it complains that:
  >     "Sorry, but the following packages are broken.."
  >
  >and halts. When I try to repair the problems using dselect, I cannot seem
  >to get out of a circle which won't let me remove the broken ones, nor
  >configure them, due to dependencies. Probably there is some correctness to
  >what it reports, but it feels like I am "stuck in a maze of twisty-truney
  >passages, which all look alike"!  :-)
  >
  >It all seems to start with libpam-util; Details attached.
  >Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you tried running `apt-get -f install'?  If so, what happened?

     "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on
      your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge
      him, and he will direct your paths."  Proverbs 3:5,6