cable modem and LAN

Hello:

I'm getting a cable modem installation this weekend (AT&T @home).  In
order to not pay for multiple IPs, my three roommates and I are setting up
a home network.

I plan to run the cablemodem into my Linux box to use it as the server.  I
have two ethernet cards that are correctly recognized by Linux.  Now I'm
not sure what else I need to do to get IP sharing working.  I know I need
to recompile my kernel with the IP masquerading and some other options,
but beyond that I'm not sure what software I need to setup (which config
files to edit, etc).

I got the home network mini howto, but it's assumes a redhat distribution,
which apparently does configuration of these things a bit differently.

Does anyone know of a step-by-step guide for setting up my network for
Debian?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@ews.uiuc.edu
"I was just reading the interview with Korn in _Guitar_World_, and one of