fresh compile, "unresolved symbols" complaints

So I did my very first kernel compile, and all appears to have gone
well -- except, I'm seeing a long list of messages during boot (that
don't seem to be logged anywhere and are gone from the screen before I
can copy 'em down), each line mentioning "unresolved symbol" and naming
a lib file.

The system seems happy and stable; I'm not aware of any trouble this
might be causing....  Should I be concerned?  Or, is there some way to
invite these messages to go 'way...?

--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."