Re: Woody: missing parse-xf86config? /etc/init.d.xdm wants it!

Brian Boonstra wrote:

> Hi
>
>         Something blew away a program called parse-xf86config this
weekend.
> I suspect it was when I did my apt-get upgrade.  This is a problem because
> /etc/init.d/xdm won't run properly without it.
>
>         Any clues as to how I can get it back?
>

>                                 - Brian

Yeah, I noticed that too. It seems that parse-xf86config has been removed
from
xserver-common (and removed altogether). My kdm init script was complaining.
I just
changed the kde.config(?) file to not check for or parse an XF86Config file.
Probably
not the best solution, but it works. Maybe Brandon will respond and tell us
what the
future is for this.

dyer