Solved: ethernet card problem

Some problems take care of themselves:

after a reboot (not the first, though) the BIOS assigned another
IRQ to the network card, and, all of a sudden, everything worked fine.

I hadn´t remembered that I assign IRQ 7 to my sb16 via isapnp, so the BIOS
doesn´t know about it. Setting it to "used" actually solved the problem.
That´s why I called myself "dumb&stupid", though I hadn´t intended to be
a prophet about this :-/

&rw
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /