Re: XFree 3.3.6 SOUND problem (?)

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 05:57:27PM +0000, Esdras Beleza de Noronha wrote:
> > 1. what resolution are you running at? 1024x768 may be more efficient
> I'm running 800x600.
> > 2. did you use pnpdump to configure the card, or did you just use the
> I used pnpdump. The sound is perfect in console and older versions of
> XFree.
> > 3. have you tried www.alsa-project.org?
> No, because the problem isn't with the sound configuration.
> > 4. What sound / what games are giving you the problem? I don't have any
> I'm having problems with all sounds, except cd's or midi. The problem is
> only when I'm running XFree 3.3.6 in 16bpp. With XFree 3.3.3.1 or
> console, it's perfect.
[my questions only were snipped]

Well, if it works with 3.3.3.1 but not 3.3.6, there must have been a bug
introduced between those versions. You could try filing a bug report with
them, though they may not be accepting bug reports for the 3.3 series
anymore.

If 3.3.3.1 works for you, you might as well just use that untill the
4.0 series stabalises.

Regards,
Mark.