Re: trouble with ppp connection using pon

jin@sci.fi wrote:

> >I\'m having trouble connecting to my internet provider with
> >storm linux (rain which is slink).
>
> I have same problem, but I have Debian Potato PPP 3.8.11,
> and I have tried several debian-stock-kernels without
> success.

FYI, I again tried using pppconfig to configure a connection using PAP.
The only thing I did differently was that I used a name for the
connection other than provider, so to start pppd, I use the command: pon
<provider name>.

My config named 'provider'  still doesn't work. ;)

The new one named freewwweb does.

I hope this helps.

-l