Re: printcap problems, please help

> Terry Hancock <hancock@earthlink.net> writes:
>
> [...]
> > ALSO, I just noticed that with the Linux 2.2 kernel,
> > your first parallel port (~LPT1 in dosspeak) is
> > /dev/lp0. However you mentioned Slink, which is based
> > on the 2.0 kernel.  With that one, I had the first
> > printer port as /dev/lp1 in my printcap (I had to
> > fix this when I upgraded the kernel).
>
> I won't be surprised if this is the error. I had similar sympthoms
> with my printer when I upgrsded my kernel and when I changed dev it
> worked.

this is no error. you did not read the doc's.
in 2.0.x lp-devices where allocated statically. lp0 was 3bc (or so), lp1
378, lp2 278, ...
in 2.2 lp-devices are allocated dynamically, so the 1st device you really
have will be called lp0, the second lp1, etc.

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.