How to extract *.deb's from binary archive in /var/cache?

Hello,

A little bit more in detail than in the subject:

I use my online-machine here in the institute to download packages
I need at home by simply installing them via apt/ftp and then take
the downloaded files from /var/cache/apt, carry them home on a
zip diskette and install them there with dselect.

Now it semms that the downloaded files are not longer stored
simply in /var/cache/apt but stored (compressed?) in one single
file with the ending .bin. How can I extract the files from
this file to take them home and install them ?

Thanks,

Olaf

P.S.: Should I copy this question to debian-admintools?

--   Olaf Stetzer  --  EC/JRC/Institute for Transuranium Elements   --
--      "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny."  Frank Zappa      --