Subject: Error Compiling kdenetwork-1.1.2
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:37:17 -0600
From: Bill Caskey <wcaskey@worldnet.att.net>

I'm running Debian 2.1 (CD from McCarty's book) with a customized kernel I built
from 2.2.14 source. I compiled and installed all of KDE with kdenetwork being
the last module to compile.  After some half-hour or so of compiling, the
process terminates while (apparently) linking ksirc. The following lines
are the error messages generated. Can anyone help resolve the problem or
point me to documentation that will? Thanks.

/usr/bin/../lib/libdl.a(dlsym.o): In function 'doit.2':
dlsym.o(.text+0x22): undefined reference to '_dl_default_scope'
dlsym.o(.text+0x4c): undefined reference to '_dl_default_scope'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [ksirc] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/kdenetwork-1.1.2/ksirc'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/kdenetwork-1.1.2/ksirc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/kdenetwork-1.1.2'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

--Bill Caskey

Bill Caskey