Potato & Moneydance

Has anyone had any luck getting moneydance to work with potato?

I have the following packaged installed: jdk1.1, jdk1.1-dev,
jdk1.1-native & jdk1.1-native-dev. Where the 'native' packages provide
the native linux threads extensions to the standard jdk. The version of
Java installed as part of potato is 1.1.8.

I have followed the instructions for installation at:

http://seanreilly.com/java/moneydance/download/2.0/Unix/Others/

Having set the location of the Java VM to /usr/lib/jdk1.1/bin/jre and
the location of moneydance to /usr/local/moneydance. I tried executing
the script to no avail. I tried commenting the lines in the moneydance
shell script indicated by possessing a JIT compiler (I have TYA
installed).

I have read the troubleshooting page at the moneydance web site and
tried to add the line 'export THREADS_FLAG=native' to the moneydance
script as indicated for the problem with SuSE needing to run java in
native threads mode (I thought Debian might require it too). No luck.

The debian mailing list archives have mentioned problems with an
installer for moneydance and provide a workaround, however moneydance
2.0.4 does not come with an installer script.

Nothing has worked. I always get the following output after executing
the shell script:

bash-2.03$ ./moneydance
/usr/lib/jdk1.1/bin/jre -cp /usr/local/moneydance/swingall.jar:/usr/local/moneydance/license.jar:/usr/local/moneydance/moneydance.jar: Moneydance
Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread
Could not create Java VM
bash-2.03$

Does anyone know how I can get Java to initialize it's threads? Do I
need to change a search path that is somehow included in the Java
archive (.jar) files or some other setting?

Please CC me as I'm not currently subscribed to the list.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Christensen                  Ideas won't keep;
jason@jasonchristensen.net         something must be done about them.
www.jasonchristensen.net                     - Alfred North Whitehead