Re: ...no Masquerade...?

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 10:48:52AM -0800, brian moore wrote:

> > Potato tells me IP Masquerading was not included in the kernel, a fact
> > which now has my brother (he's fiftysomething; I'm fifty) from being
> > able to reach the 'Net.
>
> Tell him he got kicked off for downloading too much pr0n.

(hehehe) I did; he replied, "What, there's porn on the 'Net? Where, where??"

> > ...(eek) do I already need to learn how to roll my own kernels...?
>
> It's easy.  Really.  And, yes, you should because it's Good For You.
> As long as you're on pentium or better machine it's pretty painless

...and so it was (though 'way confusing; like most other linux/unix
docs I've run into, choices in menuconfig did a lot of assuming that I
already knew what the heck they were talking about. :-)

Anyhoo -- my brother is now surf-capable through the Miracle of
Masquerading (and so we do the Dance of Joy...! :-)

--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."