...no Masquerade...?

Hi --

(I'm very much a newbie, though I've just gone through a month-long
trial-by-trashed-partitions to get here. :-)

Potato tells me IP Masquerading was not included in the kernel, a fact
which now has my brother (he's fiftysomething; I'm fifty) from being
able to reach the 'Net.

Should we be thinking Masquerading is coming later?  Or is there a
"piece" we should be looking for?  Or (eek) do I already need to learn
how to roll my own kernels...?  (I 'speak' Prolog and Perl, not C.)

--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."