Re: AccelStar Permedia II AGP

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Brian wrote:

> Has anyone successfully installed this card?

Not specifically this card, but another permedia2 based card, the Diamond
FireGL 1000 Pro. AGP, 8M RAM.

> I'm using Slink 2.1r4. I see the card on the list here:
>
> http://www.xfree86.org/cardlist.html
>
> "AccelStar Permedia II AGP ................. XF86_3DLabs"
>
> Although, I cannot get it setup using XF86Setup or xf86config. The card
> isn't listed and the server isn't listed.
>
> Any advice?

Any card based upon the permedia2 from 3dlabs should use the 3dlabs X
server as mentioned at the above URL. As for using XF86Setup or
xf86config, try another listed card based upon the permedia2. The
definition for the Diamond card MIGHT work for you. You might also have to
build a custom config file for X.

Good luck!

Jason

Jason Christensen                  Ideas won't keep;
jason@jasonchristensen.net         something must be done about them.
www.jasonchristensen.net                     - Alfred North Whitehead