How to do a clean Potato install?

Hello everyone!

I haven't been subscribed to this list for a long time (and I didn't post a
lot even then because I was new to Linux at the same time...)

Anyway, here I am. I've had surprisingly much success with setting up my Slink
box, but the included X-Free doesn't support my new Matrox, SMP doesn't run
all that smoothly...

Question is, how do I best go about doing a clean install of Potato if I want
to boot from the (2.1r4) CD and need the dhcpcd package to connect to the net?
(Download quantities are no problem at all.)

Best whishes

Christian