Re: Debian

i was a user of slackware as well, i chose debian because:

1) friend reccomended it
2) it had the largest(and still does i think) number of developers
3) it is known as being top quality
4) it has a huge number of packages

since then i have just adapted to it, not sure technically what places it
above the others other then just overall better control, as in they spend
more time comming out with releases making sure it works really well. and
apt is pretty cool too i didnt touch apt till almost 2 years after i
installed debian though.

in the end it really comes down to personal preference, and the situation
(if your using commercial software that will only support you if you run
redhat..then maybe its best to use redhat ..stuff like that)

nate