Esound dependency problems

Hello.

I have a small problem (well, actually it is a BIG one indeed) with
installing several X packages, including the GNOME system, under the
frozen (potato) distribution. I have ALSA installed, and so I use the ALSA
version of the Enlightened soud daemon (esound-alsa0). Everyting works
fine, but:
Some packages insist that they depend on the package esound0, which in
turn conflicts esound-alsa0! An even though esound-alsa0 provides esound0,
this doesn't seem to bother these packages, and dselect wont install
them. Someone suggested taht I should install these manually, overriding
the dependencies, but this would take a hell of a lot of time, and I would
get annoying dependency screens every time I used dselect...
Anyone have an idea, what I should do?

Daniel Szabo