Re: Last chance: unresolved symbols and depmod weirdness

> On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 10:36:35PM -0500, Jonathan Markevich wrote:
> > Please tell me I'm a moron and I'm clearly not running *command x*.  Please
> > tell me something...  It's getting so blowing the thing away and
> > reinstalling takes less time and frustration.

The depmod weirdness is a bug in the initscripts.
If the hardware (BIOS) clock is set to local time (e.g. if you dual-boot a
well-known OS) then files created before /etc/rcS/S55hwclock.sh runs have
an incorrect timestamp.  I had good luck renaming the symlink to S20hwclock.sh
but YMMV.
If you're not dual-booting you may want to look at the manpage for hwclock
and /etc/default/rcS.
John