Star Office

Hey Y'all--

I was wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem I have with StarCalc.  In my work I routinely do data analysis on hundreds of thousands of data points.  Normally, I use Excel on Win98 to do this but recently I grew frustrated with Windows with all its bugs and crashes and reboots on a daily basis.  I decided to try using Linux based on it's reputation for stability and installed Corel and then subsequently Debian as a separate partition in the same box.  When I try to run one of the standard data analysis routines I use with Excel/Win98 it takes literally seconds to draw a graph.  If I try to do the same thing with StarCalc the cpu grinds away for minutes at nearly 100% usage and eventually the job crashes the system altogether.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?

The box is a 400MHz Pentium II, 64MB RAM, 1GB Linux partition....

Thanks,

Brendan