Re: Unresolved symbols potato and kernel 2.0.36

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 02:12:33PM +0100, Antonio Fiol Bonnín wrote:
> I don't know nearly anything about this, but... did you activate module
> support in your kernel? It sounds like there has to be such a silly little
> thing that breaks it all.

No kidding, that's what I'm hoping for.  And yes, I did.

> If you compile the kernel properly (at least it happened ok to me when I
> had 2.0.36), i.e. (make dep; make clean; make zImage(or other); make
> modules) and then reboot and (make modules-install), as far as I remember,
> that should solve it all. Though I imagine you already tried that.

Hmm, reboot then modules_install.  I don't remember if I tried that one.

> Last little thing I imagine that could mess it up is that you try to load
> some modules that really do not exist, as they have not been compiled.
> It's maybe a lot of work if you have 40 messages, but could you check for
> the existence of the files it looks for (I remember having trouble with my
> ethernet, and it was simply because I had forgotten to put an M on the
> right place.)

I trashed ALSA and compiled in the drivers.  I'm not happy about that, but
what can I do?  The only resolution I found.

Thanks for your response.

--
Jonathan Markevich <jmarkevich@mad.scientist.com>
http://members.xoom.com/JMarkevich