Re: suggestiotn for mailing lists

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 09:26:46AM +0000, Alvaro Ortiz de Urbina wrote:
> In order to do appropiate filtering in my mail box, to avoid hundreds of
> messages that don let me see other e-mails, I think it would be a very good
> idea to include in the subject things like
> [deb] or [deb_boot] or any other.

FWIW, I use exim's built in filtering. No extra soxtware to install. It
works beautifully. I am posting my filtering rules so you can see how
easy it is.
By the way this all goes in the .forward file.

# Exim filter

if $h_X-Mailing-List: contains "ebian-user"
then save $home/Mail/debian-user
finish
endif

if $h_X-Mailing-List: contains "ebian"
then save $home/Mail/debian
finish
endif

if $h_Resent-From: contains "mutt" or
	    $h_Cc: contains "mutt" or
	    $h_To: contains "mutt"
then save $home/Mail/mutt
finish
endif

if $h_To: contains "bugs.debian.org"
then save $home/Mail/bugs
finish
endif

if $h_From: contains "bcgems@digital-marketplace.net"
then save $HOME/Mail/MEAL
finish
endif

save $home/Mail/INBOX
finish

--
Frisco Rose             "By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Student          rosef@eou.edu (541) 962-2987

Science Journal Ed.     scijou@scijou.eou.edu
EOU Hoke Center 307     (541) 962-3787
La Grande, OR. 97850