Re: bash: Some: command not found

Philipp Letschert wrote:

> Jaume Teixi wrote:
> >
> > What 've I to fix to my profile in order to avoid that message ?
> >
> > bash: Some: command not found
> >
> > thanks !
> >
> > --
>
> All executables you want to run must be in your path.
>
> 'echo $PATH' to view your path. If a program or command is not in a
> directory listed there you get the 'command not found' message. In order
> to execute it anyway, you have to give the full path, like
> /home/me/myscripts/Some or if you are already in that directory just
> type
> ./Some

Sorry, this was incomplete, because I was in a hurry. :(

The path is set in /etc/profile, and to add a certain path, you can
insert the following in your .profile

PATH="$PATH:/home/me/myscripts"    # expands the $PATH from /etc/profile
export $PATH                       # makes $PATH global, i don't know
if 	                                   # necessary

I hope this works for you.

Philipp