Re: 1. lynx bug? 2. ssh and https_proxy?

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Shaul Karl wrote:

> [04:36:00 /tmp]$ grep ^STARTFILE /etc/lynx.cfg
> STARTFILE:file://etc/motd/

> Yet lynx insists on startup to look for ftp://etc/motd

Try: file://localhost//etc/motd

I think you'll be pleased with the results. I learned how to do this by
reading the instructions in my lynx.cfg. It's documented, so it's not a
bug.

Oh, and /etc/motd is not a directory, so don't address it as such. Even
if you'd had the syntax correct, that trailing slash would have broken
it anyway.

--
Hecubus