Re: Free Internet... ?

The most recommended ISP was
www.freeweb.com as shown below

FreeWWWeb (http://www.freewwweb.com) claims you need Windows or MacOS,
but they use a straightforward PPP connection.  I set my account up with
about ten minutes of perusing the kppp scripting literature.  The only
caveat is freewwweb requires you enter @freewwweb.com after the user
name which is non-intuitive and had me banging my head up against the
wall for a while.

I get decent connection speeds here in Cincy, Ohio, USA.

The only other complaint I have about freewwweb is that they changed the
name of their mail server without notifying anyone, which was an
inconvenience for a couple of days until I read their updated tech spec
page.

regards,