Re: one machine, two IP addresses?

You have understood my question, and thanks to you and Jean for your answers.
The key is the IP address is a property of the connection, not the computer. Because of the way the initial system install works, I had thought it was a property of the machine (where it asks for your ethernet configuration).

I've taken the liberty of forwarding this useful information to the list.