Re: X stability issue

    TK>  I'm running quite similar setup to your and I haven't had any
    TK> lockups after I flashed the BIOS. Before that I experienced
    TK> crashes every now and then, even without OC'ing. Since the BIOS
    TK> flash I haven't had any lockups, it's stable even if
    TK> overclocked.
    TK>
    TK> My system is a potato :), with 2.2.14 kernel compiled from the
    TK> original sources, Matrox Mystique 220, 366@550 dual-celeron and
    TK> an Abit BP6.

<Off-topic>
How difficult is it to flash a mobo's BIOS ? I have a Celeron 300A OCed
to 450@2.0v on an Abit BH6 using dual-cooling fans and have been
experiencing a few lockups every couple of days or so. My only solution
thus far has been to take off the case entirely which seems to make the
system stable. The first couple of days after the OCing, when the system
crashed I saw that only X had crashed but Linux was still up. But now
when I experience a crash, the entire system crashes hard.

I heard that its possible to totally fry a mobo if the BIOS isn't
flashed properly. Is that true ? I would like to try flashing my mobo's
BIOS to the latest to see if that fixes the problem.
</Off-topic>

Thanks.

PS : Running updated potato w/ kernel 2.2.14.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com