Re: police dimension on X

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 06:40:09PM +0000, herve@netsystems.fr wrote:
> I upgraded my Potatoe for one month, since a little problem appears:
> the font dimension is big on certain applications ( for example
> Netscape, the gimp...) and I can't modify their. I try to modify
> XF86Config without effect.
> Is anybody meeting the same problem?
> >From what may this problem come from?
>
> Hervé BRUNEL

Are you using a font server? (xfs,xfstt). You want to reorder you font
dpis to 75,75,100,100 in /etc/X11/xfs/config. If your not using a font
server, then do a similar thing in /etc/X11/XF86Config by putting the
FontPath entries for <somepath>/75dpi:unscaled and <somepath>/75dpi
before the similar <somepath>/100dpi versions.

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |