Re: strange thing in pap-secrets

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 04:54:14PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On one of my servers, I had to put this in pap-secrets to allow dialins:
>
> # Every regular user can use PPP and has to use passwords from /etc/passwd
> *	silly	""	*
> hamish	silly	""	203.14.18.2
> charles	silly	""	203.14.18.2
>
> without the particular user/IP lines, it wouldn't connet; "unauthorized
> remote IP address." The IPs are specified in the options.ttyS* files.

Let me get this straight: you used this form:

username	hostname	""	*

And the client specified its own IP address, but it didn't work?

Try using ipcp-accept-local or ipcp-accept-remote options, and read
/usr/doc/ppp/README.STATIC-IP... I guess that could work.

I remember seeing a very similar problem once... I also remember fixing it
by typing the password in the pap-secrets :)

> This server is running 2.3.11-1.3; I have another server running
> 2.3.11-1.1 which is working just fine.

No changes to pppd itself have been made between those two versions, just
packaging changes.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name