Re: Desktop

You do have to edit configuration file.  Look in /usr/doc/gnome-core/README.Debian (actually, it probably exists in each of the /urs/doc/gnome* dirs).  It tells you how to do it through .xinitrc or with xdm.

Gnome should work wiht all of those windows managers (are there window managers that DON'T work with gnome?) but some are more 'gnomeified' than others.

-Percival