Re: support for tv-out cards ?

I imaging that most of the current TV-Out video cards will work with X if you set X to the correct resolution and refresh - color depth should have little to with it.  I know that NTSC is 60Hz, so 640x480@60Hz might work, but I suspect that you may need to find exact horizontal and vertical refresh rates.  Also, I have seen TV-Out running at 800x600 on a windows machine, so I know that it can be done (I don't know if it is, in reality, just a trick, or if it really is 800x600).

One question, though - have you seen this card work under windows?  I have never seen one of these that was good for anything other than playing video based games like X-Files and Gabriel Knight - which are windows games.  Text in unreadable unless you use a gargantuan bold font.

-Percival