RE: Promise Ultra 66

Actually, because the controller is backward-compatible, you don't need
bootfloppies with UDMA-66 support. You do need to know the correct address
for the controller and pass that to the kernel on boot-up. On my system, for
example, I needed to pass at the boot prompt:
	linux ide2=0xfca8,0xfcba ide3=0xfcb0,0xfcbe hdf=cdrom hdg=cdrom

This is explained in the mini-HOWTO on Ultra-DMA controllers.

I got the addresses needed from the Win95 device manager and then following
the instructions in the mini-HOWTO. If you don't have Windows on your
system, I'm not at all sure how you would go about obtaining the addresses
need, though.

Hope this helps.

Larry