Re: dselect

What do you mean with "apt-setup"? Should that be a command in
the bash? If yes, I don't have such a comand ("command not
found").

By the way I have a multi-CD-set (Debian 2.0 German distribution).
As acces-method I already tried "cd-rom" and "multi-cd", but after
update I don't get the swat-package in the select list (I used the
search function and I searched manually in the list, too).
Also I have tried mounting the cd-rom as "/cdrom" before running
dselect, but after choosing the acces-method and trying to update,
I always get:
  mount:  /dev/hdb already mounted or /cdrom busy
  mount:  according to mtab, /dev/hdb is already mounted on /cdrom

  update available list script returned error exit status 1.
  Press RETURN to continue.

> It seem that you have not pointed dselect (apt) to a more up-to-date distribution.  As
> root, try running the apt-setup command and select a complete mirror.  Then run dselect
> and chose the update option to get a new list of packages from the chosen source.  Once
> the packages are updated, you are returned to the main menu and you can then enter the
> selection menu and have significantly more packages to choose from....
e from....