latex2html "no such image type"

Hi,

I'm sure I've just overlooked something stupid, but maybe someone can point
me at what it might be.

I upgraded (apt-get dist-upgrade) a slink installation to potato.  Now I'm
having a problem with latex2html.  When I run it, I get

Error: No such image type 'png'.
       This installation supports (first is default):

and then my prompt.  In other words, no image type supported.  It worked
before (on the same doc).  I appear to have all the supporting packages
installed, but perhaps I'm overlooking something.  I can't get any more
debug output than what I've put above: if I do -verbositty 8 I still get the
same output.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew Sullivan                                      Computer Services
<sullivana@bpl.on.ca>                        Burlington Public Library
+1 905 639 3611 x158                                   2331 New Street
                                   Burlington, Ontario, Canada L7R 1J4