Large Hard Drive Problems, HELP!

I built a system in which I put two 20 Gig Maxtor Hard Drives.

When I do

# cfdisk /dev/hda

I can see the full 20 Gigs on the first drive, but when I do

# cfdisk /dev/hdc

I only see 8 Gigs.

I know there is/was a problem with large hard drives. I am using the
Asus P5A motherboard, with its on board IDE controllers. I have each
drive as master on the two controllers.

Is the second controller, not as good as the first? Can I issue a
parameter to the kernel, so it will see the full 20 Gigs? Should
I get a Promise Ultra ATA 66 controller, or some other IDE controller?

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/