how do i remove a scsi device ?

Hi,

I posted a question a while ago, but noone answered AFAIK.

Anyway, I have an advansys scsi card with one plexiwriter attached to it.
I burnt something and cdrecord decided to crash so now the cdburner is
"locked", I can't open the cdtray nor can i access it in any way. I've
also experienced that it can "lock up" at other times as well. Don't know
why..

After some hunting on the net I got various answers, one of them being
echo "scsi remove-single-device" > /proc/scsi/scsi

but that doesnt work since that "file" already exists.

Nor can i remove the scsi module, since i have compiled it into the
kernel. Perhaps a bad idea.. I'll recompile it and make it as a module
instead..

Does anybody know how to reset this burner or the scsi card so that i can
use the burner again without rebooting ?

Thanks in advance

/Jonas