Re: HELP: update produces an empty db???

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 07:52:39PM +0100, Bruno Boettcher wrote:
> hello,
>
> i tryed it now by hand:
> localhost:~# updatedb
> /usr/bin/updatedb: frcode: command not found
> updatedb: new database would be empty
>
> and in effect the db is empty.... what's this frcode about and how do i get
> this problem solved?

I have run into this problem with potato. If this is breaking in slink
it is news to me. My "fix" is really just a kluge workaround the problem
but it should get you back functioning.

Edit /usr/bin/updatedb (its just a script)
find the line were it defines the PATH, looks something like
PATH=$LIBEXECDIR:/bin:/usr/bin:$PATH export PATH
insert /usr/lib/locate into the path definition. For some reason the
LIBEXECDIR is not inserting the library executables directory for locate.
The result looks something like the following on my machine.

PATH=$LIBEXECDIR:/usr/lib/locate:/bin:/usr/bin:$PATH export PATH

Hope this helps!
--
Frisco Rose             "By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Student          rosef@eou.edu (541) 962-2987

Science Journal Ed.     scijou@scijou.eou.edu
EOU Hoke Center 307     (541) 962-3787
La Grande, OR. 97850