Netscape & Streaming MP3s

I want to be able to play my music from my.mp3.com ('beamed' using beam-it)
without having to save the playlist and then run an mp3 player - I want to be
able to just click on the link, and it should download the .m3u file and
start up xmms with that playlist.

The problem is this: Netscape won't download the playlist - it wants to just
give the URL to xmms.  Either that, or it will just download the playlist,
then I have to run xmms by hand.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Is netscape just plain broken, because I know
you can do this sort of thing with IE and Lynx - it should download it to a
temporary file, then use the user-specified program to load that file.

-DGW