Re: Writing corrupted files

nick wrote:

> Hi all, we are testing a machine (a dual PIII 500 with kernel 2.2.14pre15
> SMP with Debian Frozen) we did just upgrade it with latest frozen packages
> and since then we have problems in opening old document newly saved.
> When we launch StarOffice it opens the previously saved docs but after a
> save, when we try to open again it comes up with an error.
>
> Error reading document
> file://path/to/file
> General Error
> General I/O error
> (this is a translation from Italian may be incorrect)

I had similar problems. I generated StarOffice documents
in my Win95 (at home) and I re-edited those documents
in my linux (at work). I found it was a a reported problem
(by Sun) that said that translating documents from one OS to
another could produce this problem. They hadn't corrected it yet
by that time.
The solution was to avoid using GRAPHIC BULLETS in lists.

I hope this can help you.