Re: home network: will bo play with potato?

    > total network newbie here, I recently acquired a 486dx-33 with
    > 1.4gb hard drive that i want to use as an x-terminal to connect
    > to my pentium-200 (which runs potato). Is potato appropriate for
    > a 486? I have an old cd of bo that I thought would work on the
    > 486, but would I be able to connect to the potato pentium?

    > BTW, is it really even feasible to use a 486 to run X programs
    > like wordperfect and Netscape off of my pentium?

Depends on your defintion of feasible.  I've run a Slink install off
the same type of machine (486DX 33 8MB 200MB HD).  Netscape runs.
Rendering HTML is pretty slow.  For comparison, try running Mozilla on
your 200 and see how slow it renders HTML.  That's about how slow it
is, well at least for me.  About 1-2 sec delay.

As for Wordperfect, couldn't tell you, but it doesn't seem too promising.