Re: AIC 7870 scsi freezes slink install

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 12:09:52AM +0000, Patrick was only
   escaped alone to tell thee:

Slink destroyed my partitions, too: it did everything fine until I assigned
partitions and it DIED. Killed my second windoh!s partition <sigh>.
AHA-2940 is a great card, but the many SCSI drivers cause it to lock.

Debian has two different sets of resc1440.bin and drv1440.bin for
floppy install on a aic78xx box. One is mentioned under the FAQOMATIC
on the Documentation page and both are mentioned on the page where it
talks about hardware.

At this moment, Debian HP is 100% non-responsive: I could mime-mail you
the .bin files if you like.

--
bedlam@concentric.net  ||  http://www.concentric.net/~bedlam
Though nothing is wasted, everything is spent. -- Annie Dillard